If it hasn't been fun enough having your Facebook Friends ask you for help with their Farm (Farmville game) or asking you to like their photo or status, now your Friends can ask you for money...and you can give it to them via a new Facebook App from PayPal.
Ok - to be fair, that's maybe a little too tongue in cheek, this new App is designed to allow folks to send an eCard to their friends or family on Facebook and include a monetary gift.
The eCard is posted to the recipients wall (but the amount of your gift is kept private between you and the recipient). The sender needs to have a PayPal account as does the recipient, if they intend to collect the funds. This new service is free in the United States - and if the transaction is between the US and another country (even Canada) there are 'small fees'.
According to the official PayPal Blog - here's now this new app works:
- Visit PayPal’s send money app page on Facebook.
- You select a card for your occasion and choose a recipient.
- Simply log-in to your PayPal account within the app, choose the dollar amount and click send.
- The card is immediately posted to the recipient’s wall though the message of the card is kept private.
- Just want to send money? Customers can enter the money amount and login to PayPal to complete payment.
You can check out this new App on Facebook: PayPal Send Money Facebook App