Tech Tutor Classroom: Archives, Backups and 'Computer Clouds'
Wednesday October 5, 2011
9:30-10:30AM Pacific Time (click for other time zones)
Join Technology Tutor Chet Davis for this on-line class where you'll learn how to backup (archive) the important files on your computers !
We live in the 'Information Age' where the amount of data generated is said to more than double each year! So many of us use our computers to hold not only our documents, but also our photos, videos and music.
It is unfortunate that many folks only become aware of the importance of computer backups when they experience a tragic loss of all their files.
Whether you use computers for keeping in touch with family, managing your photos, videos, and music collection and especially if you use computers for your business or organization you should be practicing a healthy computer archive routine.
Here’s what you will learn
• advantages & limitations of different archive solutions
• whether you should be backing up to disk, network storage device or a cloud service
• how to automate your computer backups
• featured individual archival services for photos, video and music
• government & legal requirements for backing up your personal and business data.
Registration is only $10 - for quality instruction in the comfort of your home or office. Further details and on-line registration here: https://techtutoroct5.eventbrite.com/