Wednesday August 24, 2011
9:30-10:30AM Pacific Time (click for other time zones)
Join Your Technology Tutor, Chet Davis for a session where you'll learn how and why to correctly set your Facebook Privacy options.
If you are one of the 712-million members of the Facebook social website it is imperative that you understand the risks - and more importantly, how to protect against these threats.
Consumer Reports found "Many active Facebook users take risks that can lead to burglaries, identity theft, and stalking... Roughly one in five hadn't used Facebook's privacy controls, making them more vulnerable to threats."
As only an expert teacher can, Chet will provide you with the clear and understandable steps to protect yourself and your family in this online learning opportunity.
Agenda: Facebook & Your Privacy
• Understand the Concerns about Privacy & Security
• Where to find and how to adjust your Facebook Settings for Sharing and Connecting with others (with more than 20 separate settings)
• How to control what information is shared with Facebook apps and any connected websites
• Settings to Block users, apps, and events you don't wish to connect with
• Recommendations for setting your Security Settings and how to be notified if an unauthorized device is attempting to lot into YOUR Facebook account.
BONUS: Tech Tutor Classroom participants receive a free copy of the lesson to download (via email within one week after the live session). This is a video file you download to your computer via the internet that you can stop, start, rewind and replay as often as you wish.
Who Should Attend
Any person using the Facebook social website, curious or planning on starting to use Facebook, or with children or other family members who are on Facebook.
There is no prerequisite to attend or gain benefit from this session - a basic knowledge of Facebook would be helpful, but I will also provide some suggested info for that topic. NOTE: This is not a session on using Facebook & all it's Applications, nor will we cover Business applications - that is a future Classroom topic.
Chet Davis has been working with technologies for more than 30 years. He has led workshops and presentations all over North America and is heralded as an "amazing teacher" who is "so knowledgeable but has a miraculous way to help others learn so well".