With one of television's most watched spectacles coming up this Sunday February 6th - Superbowl 2011 - there are some folks who are using the occasion to shop for a new (big) television to view the 45th Super Bowl as the Pittsburgh Steelers play the Green Bay Packers at 6:30PM Eastern Time on Fox TV.
The Consumer Reports Electronics Blog has some great tips and suggestions for those seeking to buy a new TV before the big game.
Here are their ten suggestions, if you're in the market for a big new TV I strongly recommend you visit their online article and read the details, and better yet - if you're a subscriber to their website check out the Consumer Reports TV Ratings here
1. Read the fine print.
2. Look for a store with a price guarantee.
3. Get the TV delivered in time for the game.
4. Don't let a low price be the only reason for purchasing a TV.
5. Don't try to save money by opting for a smaller screen size.
6. See if the deal is also available on-line.
7. Use one—or several—of the online shopping "bots."
8. Check the store's return policy.
9. Don't incur financing fees.
10. Pay with a credit card.